The latest release of K2 Cloud builds on top of the previous release with some new features and bug fixes.
- Use the new Exchange Service Type to integrate with Microsoft Exchange and perform actions like scheduling a meeting, or checking for free/busy status as part of a workflows or in forms. Automatically-generated Exchange SmartObjects make it easy to add this functionality in any application. You can enable this integration with the Exchange feature in K2 Management.
- Workflow Designer
- Undo/Redo: Accidentally deleted a workflow step or added a configuration you do not need? Now you can simply use the Undo/Redo functionality. Workflow Designer now supports Undo/Redo for your entire browser session.
- Warning Badges: An infinite loop and a recursion warning has been added to the deployment screen in the workflow designer, helping you catch potential design or performance flaws before you deploy them to production.
- K2 Designer
- Themes: A new responsive theme (Grey Void) has been added to the K2 Designer, giving you an additional styling option for your forms.
Server Side Rule Execution: Improve your forms performance by using server-side rules to change the form before it's sent to the browser. This helps reduce the number of back-and-forth calls to the server, reduces view and form load times, avoids any flickering effects when controls are rendered by the browser, and improves the user’s experience of using the form.
- Security and Governance
- Improve security in your environment by controlling who can edit, rename or move SmartObjects, Views and Forms in the K2 Designer by granting Modify rights to people or roles.
- Workflow Designer
- It is easier to add to the To, CC or BCC fields of an email step as you can search for groups in the Search window. (Note that this functionality only applies to the email step.)
- K2 Designer
- Export to Excel: Export your data from a List View via the new Export to Excel toolbar button to an excel spreadsheet (xlsx). Specify the rows and pages you want exported by using input properties in the export to excel rule which allows you to limit the rows to download or to specify downloading of all pages. You can then slice and dice application data using Excel's data manipulation and analysis tools.
- Controls: The Rich text control's performance has been enhanced to improve the rendering of the control in Internet Explorer 11 as well as load time and network transfer size.
The App Workspace used for SmartStarters and Application wizards has been changed, now it is easier to see and interact with the Apps you have downloaded and installed in environment, as well as App Wizard-based apps that are pending approval or are currently in development. Please refer to the following KB articles for additional information about changes to, and features of, K2 Apps:
Bug fixes are rolled up in each update, K2 Cloud Update 4 includes the following bug fixes:
- K2 Cloud Update 1 Fix Packs 8 to 11
- K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Packs 2 to 8
- K2 Cloud Update 3 Fix Packs 1 to 7
- The alignment of hyperlink text in a List view was fixed.
- When you try to register a SalesForce Instance via the Broker Management, a “System.NullReferenceException” error occurred.
- When you use the K2 Workflow Designer and the Description field of the Start event contains 128 characters or more, an "A database error occurred: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated" error occurred when you try to deploy the workflow.
- Underscores in SharePoint List or Library names result in issues when a subsite list or library is integrated with K2.
- Editing a recurring calendar event sets the end date to a future date.
- When integrating a List with K2 for SharePoint and creating a Form, the following error occurred - "SmartObject property K2_Int_SmartObjectSystemName is a required property for selected method GenerateSmartFormsForSharePointList. Value must be set".
- No validation when configuring a recurring meeting using the Calendar control.
- When upgrading a workflow that has recipients set from a Stored Procedure or SmartObject List method results in the returned USERS being concatenated.
Workaround: Re-deploy the workflow to correctly set the destination sets
- SmartObjects based on the Exchange Service Type do not behave as expected when used in a workflow. When you use a SmartObject based on the new Exchange Service Type in a workflow, the items (e.g. Tasks) are not associated with the correct user account, or interaction with Exchange may fail, due to missing OAuth tokens
Workaround: You can use the RunAs feature to define alternate security credentials for workflow steps that use these Exchange SmartObjects. The SmartObjects will then use this alternate user’s credentials to interact with Exchange. Note that you will first need to execute an Exchange SmartObject as this alternate user, to ensure that K2 creates an OAuth token for that user, which will be used by the workflow to interact with Exchange once you set the RunAs property for those steps.
- When activating the Exchange Feature, the generated SmartObjects will not appear in K2 Designer unless the Show: System Objects option is enabled in K2 Designer.
Workaround: Enable the Show: System Objects option in K2 Designer, or use the category system to move the folder that contains the generated SmartObjects to a location outside of the ancestor “Exchange” folder.
- See KB002419 - Known Issue: App Framework package fails during upgrade.
- If you are using K2 for SharePoint, we recommend that you re-run the K2 for SharePoint registration wizard after the update.
- The Package and Deployment app has been enhanced and the app can be downloaded from the same location as before. If you do not have the app yet, log a support ticket and provide your company's Public IP-address ranges so that K2 can allow access to your address range.
Before upgrading to K2 Cloud Update 4 ensure all App artefacts found in the category All Items/Apps/K2/Framework/Core including all child categories of the Core category are checked in. Failure to do so will result in an unsuccessful upgrade.
The following Fix Packs are available for this release.
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 1||May 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 2||May 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 3||May 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 4||May 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 5||June 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 6||June 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 7||June 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 8||June 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 9||July 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 10||July 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 11||July 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 12||July 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 13||August 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 14||August 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 4 Fix Pack 15||August 2018|