The latest release of K2 Cloud builds on top of the previous release with some new features and bug fixes.
- Workflow Designer Copy, Paste and Cut - use Copy, Paste and Cut to quickly duplicate items in the workflow designer, this makes it easier and faster to build and configure workflows.
- Broker: Salesforce Broker: The Salesforce broker integrates K2 with Salesforce allowing you to create service objects that can be used in K2 workflows and forms. The broker is registered using the Salesforce Feature activation in K2 Management.
- K2 Designer: A new theme has been added to the K2 Designer called Blue Void which can be applied to forms.
- SmartObject: Additional SmartObject properties have been added to the Text, Time and Decimal types. They are: Constant Size (text), Maximum Size (text), Time Precision (time) and Decimal Places (decimal).
- SmartObject: Use the SmartObject method link to configure links between different service object methods.
- K2 Workspace: The App Switcher in K2 Workspace allows you to navigate to K2 Sites and Apps in your environment.
- K2 Management: The App Switcher in K2 Management allows you to navigate to different Workspaces, K2 Sites and Apps in your environment.
- K2 Management: You can now multi-select instances in the Instances tab of the Process Details page. This allows you to Stop, Delete and Restart multiple instances at once.
- K2 Management: The ability to delete all artifacts in a category has been added to K2 Management. This allows you to quickly delete all the subcategories, views, forms, SmartObjects and workflows in the category. You can choose to delete the workflow historical log data if required.
- Authorization Framework: Security rights have been added to K2 objects. This allows the person (creator) of the Form, View, SmartObject, Category or Role to determine who can access and use these objects. The security rights only apply to new objects added in K2 Cloud Update 2 and not on existing objects.
- SmartStarters: SmartStarters are pre-built applications that you can deploy to your K2 environment using the App Catalog. These applications (apps) are designed to address common business application requirements, and include pre-built forms, views, SmartObjects and workflows.
- Application Wizards: K2 Application Wizards allow you to quickly and easily generate K2 applications, based on pre-built application types, by completing a wizard which will generate an application for you.
- When packaging a solution with a workflow, an error occurred stating "ensure that your workflow is deployed before packaging. The workflow setting could not be found".
- When trying to uninstall a site collection where a Subsites containing K2 artifacts had been deleted resulted in an infinite loop.
- The Auto-Complete control value was cleared when used to transfer data in an Editable List view.
- Using the Strict Validation configuration on the Auto - Complete control failed to function as expected.
- The picker was unable to resolve all the users if there were more than ninety levels of nesting which resulted in an error stating 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'.
- An outdated data field log showed in the View Flow when changing back to a previous value
- Unable to create a reference when using the SmartObject event, the option to click on "Create Reference" was not available as opposed to the Create Reference event, where the option was available.
- A permission bypass issue occurred in a SharePoint component.
- When adding a role in K2 Management the following error occurs: "SmartObject property ProcSetId is a required property for selected method Read. Value must be set."
- An XML error stating "Data at the root level is invalid" occurred when in trying to package and deploy a workflow .
- Creating a clone from a view or form using Save As and the item has a 'If a Workflow activity is specified' condition, when editing the clone the condition is badged incorrectly.
- Attempting to execute the In Error method on a subview, the error popup appears but the original subview window disappears.
- Dragging a field from the Context browser to a field inside the configuration panel causes it to display the Start Event's configuration panel instead.
- When using package by reference, SmartObject references on the workflow were not using the existing environment SmartObject when deploying. This would result in SmartObject [GUID] could not be found errors.
- When creating a workflow from a form with a List view using List methods an Item Reference is not created.
- Executing WCF transaction via the Endpoint WCF Service Broker would intermittently cause an Object reference error.
- When running a workflow the workflow did not follow the designed path if a decision step had previously been deleted in the workflow.
- The DocuSign and Salesforce options were not showing up in Features page in K2 Management Site
- In a workflow that has both a Get Library and a Document reference step, when the document reference property is used in a data or email step later in the workflow, the workflow will not show up when trying to create a package using Package and Deployment.
- Slow performance was experienced when accessing the reports in K2 Management Site.
- When trying to deploy a workflow an error occurred stating "Index was outside the bounds of the array. System.IndexOutOfRangeException".
- Slow performance was experienced when using the add item window in Package and Deployment when the form contained a Tree control
- K2 recommends that you rerun the Registration wizard after the upgrade.
- As of K2 Cloud Update 1, SharePoint Application Accelerators are no longer available. Existing applications based on SharePoint Application Accelerators will continue to function, but the ability to deploy new applications based on these Accelerators has been removed.
- Package and Deployment has changed on upgrades. A Package and Deployment remote utility is now available. The utility together with a customer specific configuration file will be made available via download to you in an email you will receive after the upgrade. To use the remote utility, you need to log a support ticket and list your Public IP-address ranges so that K2 can restrict access only that address range.
The following Fix Packs are available for this release.
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 1||January 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 2||January 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 3||February 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 4||February 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 5||February 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 6||February 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 7||March 2018|
|K2 Cloud Update 2 Fix Pack 8||March 2018|