Nintex - Form
Use the start event The connector and event for triggering the workflow to run, including required configuration. An example is Box - New file, which triggers the workflow to run when a new file is uploaded to the specified folder. Nintex - Form to start your workflow when a user submits a form that you have designed. You can choose to make the form available in a web page, Nintex Mobile, and My Nintex > Forms page.
See Create forms for more information on how to add form controls A form control that allows users to select from a drop-down list of values that have been fetched from a third-party service., convert controls, manage control references The internal name for a particular form control. For example, two email form controls might be referenced as "RecipientEmail" and "CcEmail.", set up form rules to dynamically define form behavior and appearance, and design the form style.
Workflow with Nintex - Form start event can be manually started by workflow designers via the Workflows option menu and my Business owners via My Nintex. For more information, see Manually start a workflow and Start workflows with a SharePoint Online or Nintex - Form start event.
Important: User data collected from all form fields in the start form are displayed in the Instance start data section of the instance details page.
Before you begin:
In the Start event configuration panel, you can choose who can access the form and whether the form is available as a web form and/ or a Nintex Mobile form.
- At the top of the designer canvas on the Designer page, click Start event. The start event configuration panel is displayed.
- In Start from, select Nintex Form.
- Select an option for Give form access to.
- Authenticated users in this tenant: to access a web-based form using its URL, users must log in with their Nintex Automation Cloud username and password. To find the URL of your form, see Find a form URL or snippet. To select the users and groups that can have access, publish the workflow and use the Form access setting in the worklfow options menu.
- Workflow initiator (Object)
- First name variable (Text)
- Last name variable (Text)
- Email variable (Text)
- Anyone with the form URL: anyone who has the form URL can access and submit the form, and does not need to log in with a Nintex Automation Cloud username and password. To find the URL of your form, see Find a form URL or snippet.
You can use an object called Workflow initiator in the start event variables. This object corresponds to the authenticated user and has the following structure:
Note: If you select Authenticated users in this tenant, you cannot embed the form.
- URL: To find the URL of your form, see Find a form URL or snippet.
- Nintex Mobileand My Nintex: to access the form in Nintex Mobile, users must log into the app with their Nintex Automation Cloud username and password. Choosing this option also enables designers to manage participants' forms availability in the My Nintex > Forms page. For more information, see Submit a form.
Note: The Nintex Mobileand My Nintex option is enabled only if you select Authenticated users in this tenant.
The form designer appears. For detailed information on how to design a form, see Form designer.