- Cloud Storage Broker: Added methods to the File and Folder SmartObjects for retrieving items or properties - Get Info by ID, Get Share URL by ID, and Get Share URL.
- Exchange Broker: Added a From field to the Email SmartObject to enable Microsoft Outlook Send On Behalf of or Send As functionality.
- Forms: Added a new property Background Image, that you can use to, for example, brand a form with a custom background image.
- Forms: Renamed the Form properties section headers and moved properties into the appropriate sections.
- Button Control: Added a new property Style to the button control that you can use to apply action styling to buttons, for example Quiet Action or Destructive Action.
- K2 Management Site
- In the K2 Management Task List you can release a task assigned to a role, and view the role members. For an example of releasing a task assigned to a role, see the Scenario: 1 Recipient, 1 Role (do not resolve group to individuals), 2 Responses, where 1 task is released by Administrator topic.
Preceding Bug fixes are rolled up in each update. K2 Cloud Update 9 includes the following bug fixes:
- All bug fixes in K2 Cloud Update 8 Fix Packs 1 to 6
- When adding a task step to a workflow, the task step does not use the default SmartForms Runtime SSL value
- When you move the steps on the Workflow Design canvas to the far right and deploy the workflow, and then open the Viewflow for a running instance the Viewflow is blank
- When you configure a decision step in a workflow with a custom rule and open the workflow after deployment, the IF statement is no longer is visible
- When you enable the SmartObject OData API in K2 Management, select SmartObjects and click Apply, when refreshing K2 Management the OData API configuration remains disabled.
- After configuring the Call a Rule under Open Task on a Form in a workflow, the rule resets when updating the Form's initializing rule and displays as None
- Using a long computer name in the host server name results in an error when starting a workflow that calls a sub workflow. The error message stats "Send failed with error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
- Enabling the sync service causes a timeout exception in MessageBus and the K2 server stops functioning
- Configuring the Picker Control's data source to use a SharePoint SmartObject where the userselectionscope property's value is greater than 0, results in an error stating "sequence contains no elements"
- When installing a SmartStarter App from the App Catalog, a "[Username] does not have SmartObject publish rights" error occurs
- There are no known issues at this time
- Documentation for deprecated components (such as the Silverlight-based Workflow design tool) is no longer available in this and future versions of K2 Cloud product documentation. You can still access content for the deprecated components from the K2 Cloud Update 8 user guide. Since legacy components are only provided for backward compatibility and are no longer maintained, there should not be operational or functional differences with legacy components in this or future versions of K2 Cloud. Be aware that deprecated/legacy components may be removed from future versions of K2 Cloud.
- All the Package and Deployment SmartObjects and Service Objects were deprecated in K2 Cloud Update 9. These artefacts are removed and no longer supported. If you upgraded from a previous version, you can still find them in K2 Management > System > Package and Deployment or K2 Management > Integration > Service Instances. Keep in mind, if you currently use any of these SmartObjects or Service Objects in your solutions, they are no longer supported or maintained. For a list of the deprecated artefacts, see the table below:
SmartObjects Name System Name CheckList CheckList_PackagingDeploymentService Complex Type ComplexType_PackagingDeploymentService Deployment Result DeploymentResult_PackagingDeploymentService File Handler File_Handler Progress Progress Property Property_PackagingDeploymentService Session Session_PackagingDeploymentService Validation Result Validation_Result Variable Variable_PackagingDeploymentService Service Object Name System Name Checklist Checklist Complex Type ComplexType Deployment Result DeploymentResult File Handler FileHandler Progress Progress Property Property Session Session Validation Result ValidationResult Variable Variable
In K2 Cloud Update 9 the Package button no longer shows on the K2 for SharePoint artefacts page. To create a package of your solution, open K2 Package and Deployment. For more information see, K2 Package And Deployment.
If you are using K2 for SharePoint, re-run the K2 for SharePoint registration wizard after the update.
- Download the enhanced Package and Deployment tool from https://<runtimeurl>/Management/Remote. Once downloaded, log a ticket with Nintex Customer Central to provide your public IP address ranges to K2 Operations. This allows access to your K2 Cloud environment from your network. Please see the Package and Deployment Considerations topic for further considerations about working with the Package and Deployment tool.
The following Fix Packs are available for this release.
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 1||July 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 2||July 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 3||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 4||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 5||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 6||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 7||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 8||August 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 9||September 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 10||September 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 11||September 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 12||September 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 13||October 2019|
|K2 Cloud Update 9 Fix Pack 14||October 2019|