Google Drive - Get a file
Use the Google Drive - Get a fileaction A tool for building the processes, logic, and direction within workflows. to get a file from Google Drive. For more information about the Google Drive connector, see Google Drive.
Before you begin:
Important: Before inserting variables in the action configuration, you must manually type or select the values and populate other dependent fields in order to retrieve the output data. Once configured, you can insert variables to the required fields.
Open the action in the configuration panel. For more information, see Add an action.
- Select a Connection. If you do not have a connection, see Step 3 : Create Connections in the Quick start guide.
- Select the Drive you want to get the file from.
- Select the source type. The option presented is dependent on the source type selected:
- The File path of the file you want to retrieve. You can also browse the file structure using the browse icon ().
- The File ID of the file you want to retrieve.
- Select or create a variable for the Result output.
|(unlabeled)||Connection Credentials and other settings required to pass data between the workflow and the indicated service, which could be a cloud service, business application, or content store.||
Google Drive connection that contains the file you want to retrieve.
To refresh the available connections, click .
|Drive||The drive containing the file to be retrieved.||Text|
|Select a source type||
The source type which will be used to retrieve the file.
|File path||The path of the file you want to retrieve. You can also browse the file structure using the browse icon ().||Text|
|File ID||The ID of the file you want to retrieve.
The file ID can be retrieved by using the Google Drive - Get file metadata action's ID output .
Returns the file as an output.