Set up the custom action project
This topic describes creating the assets that you will need in your Visual Studio project to create a custom action for Nintex Workflow.
Set up the Custom Action Project
Use the Nintex Workflow SDK to create the adapter and activity project.
To set up the custom action project
- Create a Nintex Workflow adapter
- Add a Nintex Workflow activity
- Move the activity class file into the adapter project
If you would like to review the structure of a complete custom action Visual Studio solution, you can review the parts of the custom action solution. For more information see Parts of a custom action solution.
Create a solution with the Nintex Workflow adapter template.
To Create a Nintex Workflow adapter
- Open Visual Studio.
- Click New Project, and then select in the tree view, Templates, Visual C#, Nintex, Workflow Action Adapter.
- Type the name of your action and click OK.
Add a solution with the Nintex Workflow activity template.
To add a Nintex Workflow activity
- Right-click the solution in the solution explore for the adapter, select Add, and then select Add New Project... The solution is the top item labeled Solution solutionname.
- Select Workflow activity in the Nintex group in the Add New Project window.
- Type the name of the activity and click OK.
Move the activity class into the adapter solution.
To move the activity class file into the adapter project
- Select the activity class in the activity project.
- Drag the class into the Adapter project so that you have two classes such as SolutionnameActivity and SolutionanameAdapater
- Right-click the name of your solution, and then select Open Folder in Explorer. Clear the unused activity project from the directory. You will be working from the adapter project, and have the activity class in the project now.