Office 365 create site collection
- This is an external action and may execute on servers running outside your data centerCentralized locations used to house servers used by Nintex for remote storage, processing, or distribution of data. Nintex has a number of regional data centers available for Nintex for Office 365. For information about Nintex data centers and where your data center is located, contact your Nintex account or territory manager. region. Before implementing, consider performance and regional concerns where digital boundaries are an issue. For more information, see In-tenant and external actions.
- Action is available only with the Nintex for Office 365 Enterprise Edition.
Creates site collections on SharePoint 2013 Online site.
You can use this action to automate creation of site collections as part of a project registration process. For example, teams may request site collections when they receive funding for new projects.
For more information about creating site collections using SharePoint Online, see the following Microsoft articles.
- About the Office 365 admin center - Admin Help
- Create or delete a site collection
- Manage administrators for a site collection
- Permissions in Office 365
- View properties of a site collection
Do one of the following to open the Action configuration window:
- Double-click the action.
- Click on the action and then click Configure.
See Action configuration window for more information.
|SharePoint admin center URL||
URL of the SharePoint admin center to be used to create the site collection.
|Username / Password||
(Displayed for legacy actions not yet updated.) Unmanaged credentials.
Note: As a best practice, manage credentials by updating actions to use connections.
Title for the new site collection (displayed on the home page).
Type of URL path for the new site collection. The selection is appended to the tenant URL.
Resulting URL (Sites): https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/
|Site collection URL name||
URL name for the new site collection. Maximum characters: 90. The URL name is appended to the URL path.
Resulting URL (MySiteCollection): https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/MySiteCollection
Language for the new site collection.
Note: It is important to select the appropriate language for the site collection, because once it is chosen, it cannot be changed. SharePoint allows you to enable its multiple language interface in sites, but the primary language for the site collection will remain the one selected here.
Template to use for the new site collection.
Time zone to use for the new site collection.
Primary site collection administrator for the new site collection. Enter an email address.
The number of megabytes (MB) to allocate to the new site collection.
|Server resource quota||
Amount of resources to allocate to the new site collection.
|Store site collection URL in||
Variable to store the URL of the new site collection.