Fix a Microsoft Excel file import
The Data Wizard may generate an error in the following conditions:
- When importing a Microsoft Excel file that displays 0 (zero) records to import.
- When importing a Microsoft database file (accdb) that was generated by importing a CSV file and displays 'Unable to retrieve the tables from the Access file.'
You can modify and fix your Microsoft Excel application to import the file correctly.
To fix the import issue:
- Open Microsoft Windows Settings.
- Click Apps to open the Apps & features window.
- Find and click your Microsoft application in the list, such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Select Modify, then Quick Repair, and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once the fix is applied, retry your Microsoft Excel import.