Use Connected Apps with OAuth
Connected apps with OAuth OAuth (Open Authorization) is an open standard for token-based authentication and authorization on the Internet. is a Salesforce feature that allows Nintex DocGen administrators more control over what they can do in their orgs. For more information, see Connected Apps.
Note: Connected apps with OAuth needs to be enabled if you are using dynamic image replacement with Rich Text fields or Salesforce Reports. For more information, see Dynamic Images in Templates.
Enable or disable Connected Apps and OAuth
To enable or disable Connected Apps and OAuth:
- Click the DocGen Admin tab.
The DocGen Admin Home left navigation displays.
- Under Configuration, click Settings.
- In the Connected Apps and OAuth box, switch the toggle to Active to authorize and authenticate connected apps.
You are ready to integrate your connected apps with Nintex DocGen.
Important: If the Permitted Users OAuth policy for Nintex DocGen for Salesforce is set to All users may self-authorize, enabling Connected Apps and OAuth will prompt all users to reauthorize when running a DocGen Package. Switching the setting to Admin approved users are pre-authorized will avoid this. If you are unable to change the setting, you may wish to inform your users that they will need to manually reauthorize during document generation.
Configure Policies for Permitted Users
Configuring policies allows you to determine access for a Nintex DocGen permitted user. There are two ways to configure the policies:
- All users may self-authorize: With this option, your Nintex DocGen users will be prompted to authorize with their Salesforce credentials before they can generate documents.
- Admin approved users are pre-authorized: With this option, approved Nintex DocGen users can generate documents without having to first authorize. You can manage allowed users by configuring approved Profiles and Permissions in the Nintex Drawloop Connect App.
For more information, see Manage OAuth Access Policies for a Connected App.
- From Setup, type "Manage Connected Apps" in the Quick Find box, then select Manage Connected Apps.
- Click Nintex DocGen for Salesforce. The Nintex DocGen for Salesforce page appears.
- Click Edit Policies.
- Under OAuth Policies, select All users may self-authorization or Admin approved users are pre-authorized from the Permitted Users drop-down list.
- Click Save.
You have configured policies for your Nintex DocGen users.