Stand Alone Data Relationships
You can use Stand Alone Data Relationships (formerly known as Unrelated Data Relationships) to make data available for your DocGen Package A customizable package that consists of your Salesforce data, documents, and delivery configurations for documents you want to generate. when you don't know which object Salesforce says, "An object allows you to store information in your Salesforce organization." to link with.
For example, say you want to create a DocGen Package, but you don't know which object contains the data you want to add to your documents. You can still create the DocGen Package, but set up a Stand Alone data relationship to act as a temporary placeholder object until you decide which object to use. You can continue to configure your DocGen Package as normal.
To watch video tutorials on how to use this Nintex capability, take the SELF: Nintex Drawloop DocGen - Expert in Nintex University.
Create a Stand Alone Data Relationship
You can only add a Stand Alone Data Relationship from the Relationships related list in a DocGen Package. Once you select the Starting Object in the DocGen Package Details, you won't be able to change it.
- Navigate to the App Launcher by selecting the in the upper left corner, select Nintex DocGen.
- Select the DocGen Packages tab.
- Open the DocGen Package you want to create a Top Level relationship for.
- From the Data Tab, access the Relationships window.
- In the Add Relationships section of the window, click Stand Alone Data.
- Select the object you want to add.
- From the Relationships section, you can edit the Repeat By field to:
Repeat By Options
Section Copies a specific section in your document that has unique data. Table Copies tables. Each table has unique data. Row Copies rows that have unique data in each row. Group Duplicates tables that are grouped by field type. Hierarchy Creates slides with a hierarchy of relationships based on field type.
The Default value is row.
Note: You can't add child A relationship between two objects established by a lookup or a master-detail field. level relationships to Stand Alone Data Relationships that repeat by row.
- You also have the option of adding in an Order By of the field of your choice. This is dependent on the Starting Object selected.
- Click Save.
You can also add Child or Lookup Salesforce says, "A relationship between two records so you can associate records with each other." relationships to your Stand Alone Data Relationship. For more information, see Relationships from Starting Objects.