SOQL Query Relationships
Use SOQLA specially designed SQL query language for querying the database in Salesforce orgs. Query Relationships to add data to your DocGen PackagesA customizable package that consists of your Salesforce data, documents, and delivery configurations for documents you want to generate. that are complex to create with the point-and-click Salesforce object relationship editor. SOQL provides support to relationship queries against standard and custom objects. You can use relationship queries to return objects of one type based on the criteria that applies to other type of objects.
For example, say you want to return all accounts created by one user and all the contacts associated with those accounts. You'll need to create a parent-to-child relationship creating the connection between the two objects, which you can do with a SOQL Query Relationship.
To watch video tutorials on how to use this Nintex capability, take the SELF: Complex data and Nintex DocGen™ for Salesforce in Nintex University.
Create a SOQL Relationship
- Navigate to the App Launcher by selecting the in the upper left corner, select Nintex DocGen.
- Select the DocGen Packages tab.
- Open the DocGen Package you want to create a SOQL relationship for.
From the Data Tab, access the Relationships window.
- In the Add Relationships section of the window, click SOQL Query.
- In the SOQL field, type in the SOQL query.
- Remove any line breaks in the query. Line breaks work in the Developer Console, but cause errors in Nintex Drawloop DocGen.
- Only use field tags in the WHERE clause of a SOQL query.
- Use an inner query inside of a select to get table and row replication.
- TYPEOF keyword is not supported.
Use dot notation to get data through a lookup.
- From the Relationships section, you can edit the Repeat By field to:
Repeat By Options
Section Copies a specific section in your document that has unique data. Table Copies tables. Each table has unique data. Row Copies rows that have unique data in each row.
The default value is Row.
You cannot use Group or Hierarchy as a Repeat By option for SOQL Query Relationships.
- Click Save.