Customize actions with specification extensions
You can control how your Xtension behaves within Nintex Automation Cloud using Specification Extensions and other OpenAPI keys.
Specification Extensions provide vendor-specific capabilities within the OpenAPI Specification A standard, language-agnostic description of RESTful APIs that can be read by both humans and machines. Formerly known as Swagger.. They can be single key-value pairs or complex objects, and can be added almost anywhere in the OpenAPI Specification. They are prefixed by a special code so that they don't disrupt the rest of the OpenAPI Specification.
In Nintex Automation Cloud you can use Specification Extensions to hide or rename a custom action A task that can be performed or triggered within a workflow, such as moving a file, sending an email, or using third-party API functionality. from view in the Workflow designer, create a drop-down field populated with values from the API, and much more.
Create dynamic or predefined fields
- Define values for parameters: x-ntx-initial.
- Create dynamic drop-down lists populated by the API: x-ntx-dynamic-values.
- Create a static drop-down field to re-label enum options: x-ntx-oneOf.
- Create parameters whose data structure may change at runtime: x-ntx-dynamic-schema.
- Filter your operation using an OData query string: x-ntx-query-builder.
- Send arrays or complex objects as a parameter: Send arrays or complex objects.
- Hide fields and actions in Nintex Automation Cloud: x-ntx-visibility.
- Rename fields and actions in Nintex Automation Cloud: x-ntx-summary.
- Add additional field information below the field name: x-ntx-sublabel.
- Add additional field information below the field: x-ntx-subtext.
- Display nested properties in a tree control: x-ntx-control.
Below are some example Xtensions that showcase specification extensions:
- Rename fields (x-ntx-summary) with Airport Data.
- Hide operations (x-ntx-visibility) with Google Tasks.
- Create drop-downs (x-ntx-dynamic-values) with Google Tasks.
- Create dynamic fields (x-ntx-dynamic-schema) with SharePoint.
- Create OData queries (x-ntx-query-builder) with SharePoint.
- Validate with regex with Airport Data.